From 1 November 2015 changes will be made to the A2, X8 and X9, key benefits will include:
- Nailsea school journeys- service A2 retimed to allow for school journeys to and from Tickenham and Nailsea school.
- Additional journeys provided between Clevedon and Nailsea.
- The route of the service X9 will be modified to change the direction of travel on Hazelbury Road, reinstate the Silver Street section of route, and add further frequency enhancement on Queens Road and Stockway South.
- More direct link between Long Ashton and Nailsea School.
In addition to these changes Carmel Bristol will also be operating new journeys between Nailsea, Clevedon and Portishead on service 88.
Download A2 timetable information below.
- Serves Weston-super-Mare, West Wick, Banwell, Winscombe, Sandford, Churchill, Lower Langford, Wrington, Bristol Airport, Backwell and Nailsea every hour
- Continues from Nailsea to Clevedon and Portishead, with buses alternating between the two destinations. This creates a two-hourly service from each town to Bristol Airport.
- Connects to the rail network at Weston-super-Mare, Worle and Nailsea & Backwell railway stations
- Mondays to Saturdays – hourly service between approx. 5am and 10.30pm
- Sundays and Public Holidays – approx 8am to 7pm, four services at approx. 3-hour intervals
- Backwell Crossroads to connect with the X1 (every 20 mins), W1 and X8 (every 30 mins)
- Bristol Airport to connect with the Airport Flyer (every 10 mins)
- Standard First West of England fares apply
- Diamond Travelcard holders can travel for FREE after 9am on the A2 Link service and the Airport Flyer
- 50% discount is available on the Airport Flyer if you live in post code areas BS25, BS29, BS40, BS48 or BS49 via the Bristol Airport’s Local Community Concession Scheme. The application form can be downloaded from the Bristol Airport website.