December can be a stressful time; extra pressures and shorter days make it easy to slip into bad habits. Have you found yourself: not leaving your desk at lunchtime, leaving the bike at home and driving instead, skipping that run with friends after work? Give yourself a gift, and make time to be physically active with #ActiveAdvent
How do I take part?
1. Download the #ActiveAdvent challenge sheet below and save it to your computer.
2. Think about how active you are at the moment.
3. Set a goal: how active do you want to be during December?
4. Open the advent doors to get inspired!
5. Record your activity each day (try downloading a fitness tracker app to record your activity levels).
6. Share your photos and tell us how you are getting on Facebook or Twitter #ActiveAdvent
7. At the end of the challenge, complete the form and press submit.
Deadline for submissions is midnight on Monday 6th January 2020
What’s in it for me?
- As well as all the incredible benefits listed below, by submitting your form you will be entered into a prize draw to win one of three Fitbit Fitness Trackers. The closing date for entries is midnight on Monday 6th January 2020.
- PLUS, this year, we’re giving away weekly prizes to those who post photos of their activities on our Facebook or Twitter. These include a Riverford Organic Christmas Gift Box or Veggie Box, Family Theatre Tickets and John Lewis vouchers!
What are the benefits of being physically active?
- Improved physical and mental health
- Help to maintain a healthy weight
- Better sleep
- Helps you to manage stress
- Improved quality of life
- Increased productivity
- Helps you solve problems
- Improves concentration and ability to learn.
In general, the more time spent being physically active, the greater the benefits.