Our Active Travel Champion project provides support, training and resources to enable ‘Champions’ to encourage active travel in their organisation.
As an Active Travel Champion you will identify site specific barriers and opportunities for active travel, highlighting any key objectives for your organisation.
We will be on hand to provide you with a package to support behaviour change that ranges from free bicycle maintenance sessions to led walks.
Our measures are designed to promote active travel as a means of travelling to and for work.
- Welcome pack – everything you need to get you started as a Champion.
- Emergency Cycle Repair Kit – fully equipped repair kit for your organisation. Includes a pump, tools, inner tubes, spare lights and lock.
- Promotional Materials – regular supply of maps and leaflets, as well as seasonal promotions such as hi-vis and rucksack covers.
- Travel Roadshow – arrange a roadshow to engage staff and carry out personalised travel planning.
- FREE Bicycle Maintenance sessions – group sessions to learn how to maintain your own bike.
- FREE Dr Bike – bicycle servicing by a trained mechanic at your place of work.
- Cycle Training – to improve your skills and ability to cycle confidently.
- Umbrella pool – to encourage lunchtime walks and walking meeting.
- Led walks – a range of walks led by local experts either at lunch-time or after work.
In return for our support offers we ask that Champions help feed in to the South Gloucestershire Cycle Forum, ideally by attending meetings or alternatively by agreeing to be added to the cycle forum email list. Meetings are held quarterly and usually run from 6-8pm.
We are also looking for hosts for future meetings, so please let us know if you can help.
All organisations must be based in South Gloucestershire in order to be eligible for this project.