Whilst this work is taking place:
- The bus stop and contraflow bus lane outside the railway station will temporarily closed for around six weeks from 31 May.
- The 76 bus service will be diverted around the gyratory system via Bedminster Road and Bedminster Down Road, before rejoining its usual route along West Street.
- The 76 will pick up and drop off passengers at the Bedminster Down Road bus stop, opposite Ashton Motor Care.
The inbound Bedminster Parade bus stop (outside Asda) and the outbound Bedminster Parade bus stop (between Grounded and Taunton Leisure) will be upgraded to become MetroBus stops.
This will include installing concrete bus pads in the road to reduce future wear and tear on the road surface and replacing the old bus shelters with new high quality MetroBus ones.
The bus stops will be closed for the duration of the works with temporary stops provided nearby. Pedestrian access to shops will be maintained during opening hours and the contactor will work with businesses to manage deliveries during construction.
- Work on upgrading the southbound stop (between Grounded and Taunton Leisure) is due to begin on 28 June.
- Work on upgrading the northbound stop (outside Asda) is due to begin on 20 July.
- We are aiming to complete the works by the end of August.
East Street will be closed to vehicles for around six weeks for these works. Inbound buses will be diverted via Dalby Avenue. While East Street is closed for the works, the nearest alternative bus stops will be Victor Street (opposite Tesco Express on West Street) and Bedminster Parade (outside Asda).
The contactor will work with businesses to manage deliveries during the temporary road closure.
Light vehicles travelling inbound will travel along Hartcliffe Way as normal, while outbound light vehicles are diverted along Novers Hill and Novers Lane.
Heavy Goods Vehicles travelling in either direction are diverted via Hengrove Way, Whitchurch Road and Bishopsworth Road.