All major work on the East Fringe section of the North Fringe to Hengrove Metrobus route is now complete apart from a few finishing touches and the installation of the shelters and iPoints.
The works carried out by North Midland Construction included:
- Full width resurfacing of the A4147 eastbound lane from M32 Junction 1 to the Hambrook Junction;
- Road widening to create new bus lanes;
- Installation of new bus stops and laybys;
- Street lighting and cycle path lighting;
- New traffic signage;
- Associated works including earthworks, retaining walls, drainage, and road markings.