The new road features two new bridges. The first crosses the main railway line into Parkway and the second crosses Ham Brook.
20th October 2017
Please Note: Looking from both ends the Stoke Gifford Transport Link appears to be completed. However, there are still a number of things that have to happen before the road can be opened.
- The bridge over Ham Brook needs to be completed and will be finished by the end of the month.
- Once completed, our contractors, Alun Griffiths, will lay the road surface over the bridge and tie it in with the rest of the road that they have built.
- Final landscaping can then take place.
- Bristol Water need to lay a new water main under the road at the Curtis Lane bridge.
- Western Power need to provide metered power supplies to work the traffic signals
- South Gloucestershire’s signals team need to install the signals along with the induction loops in the road that alert the signals to oncoming traffic
- Once the above is completed the road will then undergo a safety audit.
Once everything is complete, checks will be carried out on the road, bridges and traffic signal junctions. Once approved, the Stoke Gifford Transport Link will be opened to traffic.
Alun Griffiths have set up a phone number for anyone with questions about the construction works. The number is manned between 8am and 6pm Monday to Saturday. Outside these hours, please leave a message and your call will be returned. The number is: 0845 86 22 327.