- Don’t ride too closely to the kerb
- Ride midway between the kerb and the central white line so you can be seen
- Never assume that other drivers can see you
- Consider using your horn to warn unaware drivers
- Ride slowly between lanes of traffic
- Give yourself space from cars in front of you
- Adjust your speed to weather and road conditions
- Be patient and cautious
- Use a bright coloured helmet and protective clothing
If you need training, have a look at our motorcycle training page.
How good is your riding? Visit the motorcycle assessment page offered by South Gloucestershire Council.