Changes to off-street parking and permit charges consultation for Bath and North East Somerset
Plans to increase off-street car parking charges in Bath and North East Somerset, only the second increase in the last 12 years, are set to be consulted on.
The changes would see an increase in the cost of parking across the region. A two-hour stay at Avon Street would cost £3.40, an increase of 20p from current prices and a two-hour stay at Ashton Way, Keynsham would go up from 40p to 60p.
The decision to increase off street parking charges was agreed by the council in February as part of its budget-setting and will be only the second time parking charges in Bath and North East Somerset have increased since 2010.
The changes are being made to help reduce congestion and improve air quality by encouraging more people to use Bath’s Park & Rides and other forms of public transport as well as encouraging more walking, wheeling and cycling for local journeys.
The council is consulting on the following:
- Proposed Bath car park charges
- Proposed Keynsham car park charges
- Proposed car park season ticket charges
- Proposed new tariff to facilitate electric vehicle charging in long stay car parks
- Proposed charges for reserved space parking permits in residents’ permit holder only car parks
- Proposed permit holders only parking for Southview Road car park, Bath
- Proposed new seasonal parking charges at The Shallows car park in Saltford
- Proposed new charges for parking at Park and Ride car parks for those not using the service
- Removal of the 10% residents parking saver discount in car parks
- Removal of the 10p fee in car parks when using MiPermit
A summary of the proposed charges can be read online.
The council’s report includes proposed charges at Park and Rides sites for motorists that do not use the Park and Ride service and would cost £1 for three hours or £2 for all day. Parking will remain free of charge to customers that use the Park and Ride service.
The consultation closes Thursday, September 15 and can be viewed online.