More residents and employees across Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire will soon be able to reap the benefits of pedal power, thanks to additional funding secured by the West of England Combined Authority.
The Combined Authority, led by Metro Mayor Dan Norris, has won £248,000 from the Government to buy e-bikes, expand e-bike loan schemes and cycle training.
The additional funding will be used to:
- Purchase e-bikes and fund a range of supporting activities such as expanding the existing e-bike loan schemes, bikeability and cycle training.
- Provide grants for community organisations who can support access to e-cycles in their community.
- Continue the Wheels to Work project.
- Provide bike security, such as on-street cycle hangars.
- Purchase adapted e-cycles and fund outreach activities to expand the work of the Bristol Family Cycling Centre and other similar schemes across the West of England.
For more information visit: E-cycle Extension Fund Bid.