Off-street parking and permit charge changes to come into effect in Bath and North East Somerset
Bath & North East Somerset council will be implementing changes to off-street parking and permit charges from 8 November.
The changes, only the second price increase in the last 12 years, were consulted on in September and will see an increase in the cost of parking across the region. A two-hour stay at Avon Street will now cost £3.40, an increase of 20p and a two-hour stay at Ashton Way, Keynsham will go up from 40p to 60p.
The new proposed changes were announced 25 August this year after the decision to increase off-street parking charges was agreed by the council as part of its budget-setting.
A public consultation received 150 responses. You can view the Consultation Outcome Summary here.
The new charges will affect:
- Bath car park charges
- Keynsham car park charges
- Car park season ticket charges
- Electric vehicle charging in long stay car parks
- Reserved space parking permits in residents’ permit holder only car parks
- New seasonal parking charges at The Shallows car park in Saltford
- New charges for parking at Park and Ride car parks for those not using the service
- Removal of the 10% residents parking saver discount in car parks
A summary of the charges can be read here.