Start: 01/05/19 - Finish: 20/12/19
Last modified: 19/03/19
Improvements to sustainable transport facilities along Airport Road are being undertaken at the same time as road maintenance and enhancement works funded by the Local Highways Maintenance Challenge Fund. By completing both projects in tandem we hope to minimise disruption for residents and road users. The improvements will include:
- a 3.5/4m wide shared use path for pedestrians and cyclists
- 4 new bus stops servicing the 8 and A4 Airport Flyer
- an improved crossing at Salcombe Road and Cadogan Road
- a new cycle link to Ilminster Avenue
- new residential parking spaces
- new tree planting
- upgraded informal crossing points.
Works are scheduled to begin in May 2019 and programmed to be completed by December 2019.
In April, a number of trees along Airport Road will be removed to allow the highways and sustainable transport improvements to take place. These will be replaced, along with additional trees, early in 2020.