Start: 15/07/19 - Finish: 19/07/19
Last modified: 19/07/19
- Monday, 15th July, to Friday, 19th July: Bristol Bridge Occupation – Bristol Bridge and some roads in the vicinity will be closed to traffic. Protesters may block traffic in nearby roads.
- Baldwin Street closed from junction with Charlotte Street
- Wine Street/High Street closed from junction with Union Street
- Victoria Street closed from junction with Counterslip
- Tuesday, 16th July, to Friday, 19th July: XR Youth College Green Occupation – protesters may block traffic on roads nearby, some roads in the vicinity may need to be closed to traffic for safety (Youth Strike 4 Climate will also join them on Friday).
- Please be aware that UWE Graduation Days are also happening in Bristol Cathedral from the 15th until the 25th.
- Processions may take place between Bristol Bridge and College Green, disrupting the city centre, any time between 12pm and 6pm
- Wednesday, 17th July: Swarming and Critical Mass Bike Ride in the city centre.Mustering will start at 17:30 and leave Castle Park at 18:00. The protest will be moving slowly around the city centre for approximately 1 hour before reconvening at Queen’s Sq at 19:00. The exact route is unknown but long delays are expected in and around the area.
- Thursday, 18th July:
Demonstration at the MOD Filton Abbeywood. A small group are occupying the road at intervals, similar to other events which happened on Tuesday in Bristol.
Peak demonstration in the Central Bristol area. Effecting Baldwin Street, College Green and surrounding roads/areas.
- Friday, 19th July: There will be a march from College Green to Bristol Bridge at 11:30am which will disrupt roads nearby
- Youth Strike 4 Climate is also planned for this day at College Green
- Harbour Festival road closures and bus diversions may start on this day in the city centre
For more information about these demonstrations please see XR Bristol Facebook Event page.
Services 1, 2, 91 & 92 from Temple Meads are to divert via Temple Way, Castle Street, Lower Castle Street, Broadweir to resume normal routes at Union Street.
Services 1, 2, 91 & 92 towards Temple Meads are to divert from Penn Street via Lower castle Street, Castle Street and Temple Way to resume normal routes at Temple Meads.
All bus stops on the diversion route will be observed during this closure.
Portway Park & Ride services from Anchor Road are to divert by continuing through the centre and turn right using the bus gate into Christmas Street, Nelson Street, right into Fairfax Street, left into Broadweir, Lower Castle Street and Castle Street to resume normal route at Old Market.
Portway Park & Ride services will drop off any passengers that request the Centre area on Colston Avenue bus stop C12 by Christmas Steps.
For more information on disruption to bus services please see Bristol Current Issues (First Bus.)