Start: 25/07/20 - Finish: TBC
Last modified: 14/09/20
There’ll be new traffic priorities to restrict general through-traffic on:
- Bristol Bridge, from all directions
- Baldwin Street, between between St Augustine’s Parade and Marsh Street
- Union Street, left turn onto Rupert Street
This page will provide travel information as the roadworks take place and will be updated to reflect the works that are taking place.
The routes and stops that are closed will be marked in RED the diversion route and alternative stops will be marked in BLUE on the map below.
See below for current diversions in place relating to this project.
Whilst this closure is in place the following arrangements will apply:
Services heading towards Broadmead from Victoria Street will turn right into Counterslip, turn left onto Temple Meads at roundabout first left into Castle Street and take right hand lane onto Lower Castle Street, Broadweir, Newgate then turn right into Union Street to resume normal route.
Services heading from Broadmead will operate normal route as far as Penn Street then continue into Lower Castle Street (observing the temp bus stop by NCP), around Old Market roundabout into Castle Street, left into Tower Hill, right into Counterslip and left into Victoria Street to resume normal routes.
The following bus stops will be suspended from 20.00 on Monday 14th September until approximately 06.00 on Tuesday 15th September
- Broad Weir S10 (Served by Service 1 towards Broomhill, Service 2 towards Stockwood and Services 91 and 92 towards Hengrove.
- Wine Street B18 (Served by Service 1 towards Broomhill, Service 2 towards Stockwood and Services 91 and 92 towards Hengrove).
- Bristol Bridge R9 (Served by Service 1 towards Broomhill, Service 2 towards Stockwood and Services 91 and 92 towards Hengrove).
- Bristol Bridge R8 (Served by Services 1 and 2 towards Cribbs Causeway and Services 91 and 92 towards Broadmead).
Alternative stopping arrangements are as follows:
- From Broad Weir Stop S10 a temporary stop will be situated in Lower Castle Street, adjacent to the NCP Car Park. This is situated approximately 10 metres along Lower Castle Street to the right of the junction with Broad Weir.
- From Wine Street Stop B18 all services will stop at a temporary stop in Lower Castle Street, adjacent to the NCP Car Park. From Wine Street B18 the distance to the junction with Lower Castle Street is approximately 415 metres prior to the stop and then the temporary stop is situated approximately 10 metres along Lower Castle Street to the right of the junction with Broad Weir.
After serving this temporary stop, the next regular stop will be Stop R7 in Victoria Street.
Alternatively, Services 1 and 2 will depart from Stop B3 in Nelson Street.
- From Bristol Bridge Stop R9, all services will stop at the next regular stop, R7 in Victoria Street which is located approximately 355 metres beyond Bristol Bridge R9.
- From Bristol Bridge Stop R8, all services will observe the previous stop, R6 in Victoria Street which is located approximately 255 metres prior to Bristol Bridge R8