Start: 26/06/17 - Finish: TBC
Last modified: 17/07/18
- A lane is closed southbound across the bridge on Bath Bridges, with the right hand inner gyratory closed for 5 weeks from 26 June 2018. This is for remedial works on the cobbles.
- The Temple Gate northbound lane (lane 3) will be closed from 5 July for 12 weeks.
- Resurfacing works will be taking place on York Road and Bath Road on the nights of 10, 11 and 12 July.
- New traffic signals are being installed on the south side of Bath Bridges, and this will be completed by the end of July.
- Redcliffe Mead Lane will be closed on 9 July for 5 weeks for heat networks works.
- The traffic lights at the bus gate on Redcliffe Way have been turned off and the bus gate island has been removed, with eastbound traffic narrowed to one lane. Lane closures are in place on Redcliffe Way and all eastbound traffic is running in the bus lane. The Redcliffe Way pedestrian crossing has been closed, and the pedestrian crossing further up Redcliffe Way (in front of 100 Temple Street) has been re-opened to make up for this.
- The traffic running around the Temple Gate roundabout has been shifted to the outside lanes (with no loss of roundabout capacity).
- The southbound bus stops outside Engine Shed (Te and Tf) have been permanently closed. All services that previously called at these stops, with the exception of the 904 Brislington Park & Ride, have been reallocated to the newly constructed southbound bus stop on Temple Gate (between Station Approach and Cattle Market Road. The 904 Brislington Park & Ride service will call at Redcliffe Way and will no longer stop on Temple Gate.
- Temple Street is closed. Access to the 100 Temple Street car park is maintained via Canynge Street, and pedestrian and step-free access to the building is maintained as usual.
- The Friary, from its junction with the roundabout to the turning into the Temple Quay car park, will remain closed for the duration of the works programme. This will allow deep drainage works to be carried out and heat networks infrastructure to be installed. Access to the Temple Quay car park shall be maintained via Temple Back East. Please note that there will be no impact to the existing access to the Temple Meads Station car park, which is via the Temple Meads approach ramp, and exit from the same will be maintained via the Friary.
- Pedestrian diversions around the Brunel Mile, with some crossing facilities relocated. These are signposted on site.
- Lane narrowing on Temple Way, Bath Road and Temple Gate;
- No vehicular access to the land between the Grosvenor Hotel and George & Railway buildings;
- Closure of the south side of the Temple Circus roundabout to simplify traffic movements during the works. Traffic from the north will no longer be able to turn right into Victoria St from Temple Way and traffic exiting from the Friary will no longer be able to turn right onto Temple Way or straight on to Victoria Street:
- Changes to lane restrictions on the roundabout (as far as possible 2 lanes of traffic will continue to run during peak hours).
- Traffic diversion routes will be clearly signposted in both directions for the duration of the works.
Due to the reduced road space available during the works, all cycle lanes through the area have been closed. In order to ensure cyclist safety, signs have been erected warning drivers not to overtake cyclists through the works.
Please contact email@example.com in the first instance.