Start: 26/06/17 - Finish: TBC
Last modified: 29/01/19
See diversion plan for pedestrians and motorists below:
Click to see full sized image (new window)
- Plot 6/Brunel Mile pedestrian crossing has been closed to construct a new section of road. This is due to reopen in February 2019.
- District Heating Main (DHM) works on Redcliffe Mead Lane are now complete. However, the closure will remain in place until February 2019 to allow other works to be completed.
- Clarence Road lane 2 and pedestrian crossing are closed and due to re-open in February 2019.
- Temple Street is closed. Access to the 100 Temple Street car park will be maintained via Canynge Street, and pedestrian and step-free access to the building will be maintained as usual.
- The traffic running around the Temple Gate roundabout has been shifted to the outside lanes (with no loss of roundabout capacity). This change is clearly marked on site.
- The southbound bus stops outside Engine Shed (Te and Tf) have been permanently closed. All services that previously called at these stops, with the exception of the 904 Brislington Park & Ride, have been reallocated to the newly constructed southbound bus stop on Temple Gate (between Station Approach and Cattle Market Road). The 904 Brislington Park & Ride service will call at Redcliffe Way and will no longer stop on Temple Gate.
- The Friary, from its junction with the roundabout to the turning into the Temple Quay car park, will remain closed for the duration of the works programme. Access to the Temple Quay car park shall be maintained via Temple Back East. Please note that there will be no impact to the existing access to the Temple Meads Station car park, which is via the Temple Meads approach ramp, and exit from the same will be maintained via the Friary.
- Pedestrian diversions around the works site, with some crossing facilities relocated. These are signposted on site.
- Lane narrowing continues on Temple Way, Bath Road, Bath Bridges and Temple Gate.
- No vehicular access to the land between the Grosvenor Hotel and George & Railway buildings.
- Closure of all cycle lanes through the area due to the reduced road space available during the works.
- Closure of the south side of the Temple Circus roundabout to simplify traffic movements during the works. Traffic from the north will no longer be able to turn right into Victoria St from Temple Way and traffic exiting from the Friary will no longer be able to turn right onto Temple Way or straight on to Victoria Street.
Due to the reduced road space available during the works, all cycle lanes through the area have been closed. In order to ensure cyclist safety, signs have been erected warning drivers not to overtake cyclists through the works.
- Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 November
- Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 December
During these weekends buses will replace trains between Bristol Temple Meads and Bristol Parkway, as well as between Bristol Temple Meads and Severn Beach.
If you are travelling by road we recommend you:
- check your journey before you travel
- leave extra time
- consider alternative routes
- Supporters going to Ashton Gate may also want to take advantage of the match day bus services https://www.bristolbearsrugby.com/news/getting-to-the-gate-gloucester/