An alternative mode of transport with wonderful views of the city.
Bristol Ferry Boats
Since 2013, Bristol Ferry Boats has operated as a community benefit society, a type of cooperative. There are almost 900 shareholders, the majority of whom are Bristol residents. The iconic blue and yellow ferry boats operate 7 days a week on two routes:
- Hotwells to City Centre
- Temple Meads to City Centre
Dogs, bikes and buggies are all welcome, though large groups should phone ahead.
Number Seven Boats
The distinctive ‘animal’ themed boats operate a daily ferry service across the harbour, starting at 7.30am on weekdays – a great short cut for commuters:
- Cross-harbour (SS Great Britain – Capricorn Quay – New Harbour Inlet)
And three more routes that run on a restricted / seasonal timetable:
- Hotwells to City Centre – weekends only in winter season, daily from Easter
- Temple Meads to City Centre – weekends, Bank hols and school hols only
- City centre to Beese’s Tea Garden – summer season Saturday service