Wheels to Work West helps people overcome barriers to travelling to work, training and skills opportunities.
For people seeking work and skills across the West of England region, we can provide:
- Free Bus Tickets
- Discounted Bikes
- Free Loan Bikes
- Free Bicycle maintenance workshops
- Accompanied Public Transport training
- Adult Cycle training and accompanied rides
- Journey and route planning
To access the offers you must be:
- 16 or over
- Seeking employment (or a change in employment if you are earning under the living wage)
- In need of help to travel to a work or skills opportunity such as travel to interviews, open days, jobs fairs, courses, training, work placements, apprenticeships or the first month of a new job.
- Live in the West of England region: Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire.
Wheels to Work offers are available across all 4 West of England councils (Bath & NE Somerset, Bristol City, North Somerset, and South Gloucestershire) but they vary in each area as below:
|Bath and N. East Somerset||Bristol||North Somerset||South Gloucestershire|
|Free Bus tickets||Vouchers (Avon or Bath Riders)||M-tickets (Bristol & Bath) or Vouchers (Avon or Bristol Riders)||M-tickets (Weston-super-Mare and West of England) or Vouchers (Avon or Weston Riders)||M-tickets (West of England) or Vouchers (Avon Riders)|
|Discounted Bikes to buy||£50 off refurbished bikes at Bristol Bike Project, Julian House and Life Cycle UK||Life Cycle UK refurbished bikes for £20 (inc. lights & lock)|
|Free loan Bike||1 month loans for regular bikes / 2 week loans for e-bikes (deposit required)||1 month loans for regular bikes / 2 week loans for e-bikes (deposit required)||1 month, normal commuter or folding bikes (no deposit)|
|Free Cycle maintenance||Free ‘bike kitchen’ cycle maintenance workshop|
|Free accompanied Public Transport training||Accompanied Bus Buddy service||Up to 6 accompanied training sessions|
|Free Adult Cycle Training/ Accompanied Rides||1 x 1:1 hour session||2 x 1:1 hour sessions||1 x 1:1 hour session|
|For more information please click on your local authority||Bath and North East Somerset||Bristol||North Somerset||South Gloucestershire|
Louise Buckley Bristol City Council email@example.com 0117 3576241
Ruby Tobin North Somerset Council firstname.lastname@example.org 01275888281
Verity Britton South Gloucestershire Council email@example.com 01454 86 3938
Paul Thompson Bath & North East Somerset firstname.lastname@example.org 01225 394267
One to one Personalised Travel Planning whether you are currently working or will be returning to work over the coming months. Talk through your options with one of our travel advisers.