This consultation is about our proposal to apply for a DCO to re-open the Portishead branch line as part of MetroWest Phase 1. Our wider MetroWest Phase 1 proposals also include increasing the frequency of trains for the Severn Beach Line and the Bath Spa to Bristol line – this does not require development consent and does not form part of this consultation.
To view the documents for this consultation, please scroll down this webpage to find the links to the Consultation Leaflet and the MetroWest document store. Also scroll down for details of how we are consulting and how you can send us your comments.
- Preliminary Environmental Information Report (PEIR)
- Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs), and Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders (TTROs)
- Public Rights of Way Plans
- 3D visualisations of Portishead, Pill, and Ashton Vale
These are held on the scheme’s document store:
Completed paper copies of questionnaires should be handed to us at one of the manned exhibition events or returned to MetroWest, 3 Rivergate, Temple Way, Bristol, BS1 6ER.
If you require the questionnaire in any other format, let us know at one of the manned exhibition events or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The consultation starts on 23 October 2017 and runs for six weeks. Please respond by 4 December 2017.
- Friday 10 November – Somerset Hall, The Precinct, Portishead, BS20 6AH (12.30pm – 7.30pm)
- Wednesday 15 November – Engine Shed, Station Approach, Bristol BS1 6QH (12.30pm – 7.30pm)
- Tuesday 21 November – Trinity Anglican Primary School (Community Hall), Marjoram Way, Portishead, BS20 7JF (13.30pm – 7.30pm)
- Wednesday 22 November – Ashton Gate Stadium, Ashton Rd, Bristol BS3 2EJ (12.30pm – 7.30pm)
- Thursday 23 November – Long Ashton Community Centre, Keedwell Hill, Long Ashton, BS41 9DP (3.30pm – 7.30pm)
- Friday 24 November – Community Centre, Church Place, Pill, BS20 0AE (12.30pm – 7.30pm)
The railway, highway design and associated proposals will be displayed at all exhibitions. Members of the MetroWest project team will be on hand to answer any questions.
Following the exhibitions, the plans will go on display from:
- Week commencing Monday 27 November – 100 Temple Street, Bristol, BS1 6HT (9am – 5pm).
- Castlewood North Somerset Council Office, Tickenham Road, Clevedon BS21 6FW
- Long Ashton Library, Lovelinch Gardens, Long Ashton BS41 9AH
- Pill Library, Crockerne House, Underbanks, Pill BS20 0AT
- Portishead Library, Horatio House, 24 Harbour Road, Portishead BS20 7AL
- Weston-super-Mare Library, Town Hall, Walliscote Grove Road, Weston-super-Mare BS23 1UJ
- Bedminster Library, 4 St Peter’s Court, Bedminster Parade, Bristol BS3 4AQ
- Bristol Central Library, College Green, Bristol BS1 5T
- Marksbury Road Library, Marksbury Road, Bedminster, Bristol BS3 5LG
- Citizen Service Point, Bristol City Council, 100 Temple Street, BS1 6AG
The MetroWest proposals are being delivered in two phases, Phase 1 and Phase 2, along with a separate new stations package looking at the potential for future new stations.