BristolRider is a multi-operator ticket that gives you virtually unlimited travel on buses in the Bristol urban area. The BristolRider Zone covers the area roughly within a six mile radius of the city centre. This is the same area as First’s Bristol Inner Zone.
The boundary bus stops on radial bus routes are:
- Avonmouth (St Andrew’s Road/Kings Weston Lane)
- Hallen (Windsor Crescent)
- Cribbs Causeway (Retail Park)
- Aztec West roundabout Winterbourne Road (Old Gloucester Road)
- Whiteshill (Quarry Barton)
- Wick Wick (Badminton Road/Cuckoo Lane)
- Westerleigh Road (Folly Brook Road)
- Bridgeyate (Oaklodge Farm)
- Wick (Riding Barn Hill Top)
- Bitton (Cherry Gardens roundabout)
- Bath Road (Ellsbridge House)
- Keynsham (Wellsway/Courtenay Road)
- Chewton Keynsham Pensford Hill Top (Belluton Terrace)
- Dundry Chapel Lulsgate Bottom (Airport Tavern)
- Flax Bourton (George)
- Wraxall (Wraxall Hill bottom)
- Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm Portbury Hundred (Portbury Footbridge)
- Sheepway (Elm Tree Farm)
|Adult||Student (with NUS card) and Child (under 16)|
- B&NES Passenger Transport
- Bath Bus Company (except tour buses)
- Carmel Bristol
- CT Coaches
- CT Plus
- First West of England
- Severnside Transport
- Stagecoach West
- Wessex Bus
These are paper tickets and are valid only on the date of issue (printed on the ticket) and until 0259 the following day (or the eighth day for weekly ticket).
BristolRider tickets may be used on all bus services operated by the companies listed above within the BristolRider area except Airport Flyer A1, tour buses, express coaches and services for special events. On Carmel Bristol service X5, BristolRider is not valid between Avonmouth and St Katherine’s School.
On Bath Bus Co service A4, BristolRider is not valid west of Highridge Common.
There is no limit to the number of journeys you can make in the zone with a BristolRider ticket during the day but you must show it to the bus driver each time you use it.
Buying a Rider ticket using smartcards
- Load onto a Travelwest Smartcard (participating operators only) or a First Touch Card. Once loaded onto the card, the same period of validity as above applies.
- Buy using sQuid balance on a Travelwest Smartcard (participating operators only).
- Rider Tickets cannot be bought or renewed online.
- Student/child Rider Tickets are not available on smartcards.