An extensive network of high-speed trains from London Paddington and branch-line trains serving the South West.
- High-speed and local routes connect Bristol Temple Meads, Bristol Parkway, Weston-super-Mare and Bath Spa and all the local stations in between
- Direct services to – London Paddington, Gatwick airport (via Reading), and Portsmouth Harbour
- All the railway stations in this area are managed by them
Local timetables are listed below. You may access up to date timetables on the GWR’s website.
|B1||Cardiff, Bristol, Bath Spa and Swindon to the South Coast|
|B2||Cardiff and Bristol to Southampton and Portsmouth|
|B3||Bristol to Cardiff, Gloucester, Cheltenham Spa, Worcester and the Malverns|
|B4||Bristol to Weston-super-Mare and Taunton|
|B8||Bristol to Avonmouth and Severn Beach|
|BT||London and Reading to Bristol, Cardiff and Swansea|
Bicycles travel for free in designated areas.
- 6 spaces available on high-speed trains and 2 spaces on branch line trains
- Reserve your space at least 24 hours in advance
- Make your reservation when you book your ticket on the GWR website or by calling 0345 7000 125 (option2)
A high speed train network with South West routes includes Bristol Temple Meads, Bristol Parkway, Weston-super-Mare stations. Direct services to Birmingham International, Stansted and Southampton airports, via Birmingham New Street.
Three services operate on the South West route – the latest pocket timetables may be accessed here.
- Scotland, the North East to the South West and South Coast
- Nottingham and Derby to Bristol and Cardiff
- Manchester to the South West and South Coast
CrossCountry sell multi-operator tickets and do not charge a booking fee.
Bicycles travel for free in a designated area of the train – as space is limited, it’s best to make a reservation in advance by calling 0844 811 0124.
- Most trains have two reservable bike spaces and one further space for unreserved bikes
- Reservations are accepted on a ‘first come- first served’ basis
- Folding bikes may be carried as normal hand luggage
- Tandems, tricycles, bike trailers, motorbikes, scooters, mopeds or motorised bikes are not accepted
An extensive network of trains covering the South and South West of England.
- The West of England route connects Bristol Temple Meads with Bath Spa, on route to Salisbury and beyond. The latest timetable may be accessed here
Bicycles travel for free but you need to reserve a space.
- Book at least 24 hours in advance at any staffed station, or by calling 0845 6000 650
- Spaces on a ‘first come-first served’ basis, so book early
- A small folding cycle can be carried as hand luggage provided there is space for it to be safely stowed and it doesn’t cause an obstruction.
Although we make every effort to keep our pages updated, you should always confirm the information with the operators before you travel.
Last checked: 28/03/2018