- Public charging network: informed by market research, over 120 new charge points will be installed to double the size of the current charging network ‘Source West’. This will help ensure that owners of electric vehicles will be able to charge at more destinations around the region. Visit our Charge Points page to find out more.
- New Charging Hubs: By 2021 there will be four Rapid Electric Vehicle Charging Hubs in the West of England region. These will work similar to petrol stations, but for electric cars. Drivers will be able to refuel their cars in minutes rather than hours.
- New Electric Car Clubs: We are working with West of England car club providers to install charging points for electric car club vehicles, so that those people who don’t need a car all of the time can still benefit from electric technology.
- Business grants: We provide 50% match funding for charge points to be installed in businesses in Bristol, Bath & North East Somerset, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire.
- Council fleets: Each Local Authority in the West of England is converting parts of their diesel and petrol powered fleet to electric vehicles. To date, over 70 electric vehicles have been added to Local Authorities’ fleets providing essential services in the cities and countryside of the region.
- Demonstration vehicles: An opportunity to try out an electric vehicle for two weeks, for only the cost of the electricity used. This is in partnership with ECar, part of the Europcar group. This will allow people to experience an electric vehicle without having to purchase one.
For residents in the West of England, switching to an electric vehicle has never been easier. To find out more, visit our Electric Vehicles page.
You can find out more about Go Ultra Low nationwide on the Go Ultra Low website.