- Help you consider new ways to travel – locally and beyond
- Help you discover more sustainable means of transport that will probably save you time and money (and maybe improve your health and fitness!)
- Give you practical help to get you started
There is lots of information on this website to get you thinking…
- Would you try another way to travel but don’t think you have any other options?
- Would you walk or cycle but aren’t sure where to start?
- Would you use the bus but don’t know which bus you need, where to catch it or what time it runs?
- Would you consider car-sharing for your commute but aren’t sure how it works?
What types of travel?
In short, all types. For example:
- Commuting to work, school or college
- Trips to toddler groups, day clubs or shopping
- Travelling to health appointments or to visit friends and family
How does it work?
Our teams go out into the local community and knock on doors to speak with residents within one month of moving home. Every resident we speak to receives:
- A personalised Travel Planning service to answer your travel-related questions
- A Travel Information Pack that contains information specifically for your new development and your individual travel needs
- Access to a range of FREE offers and promotions to help you try new ways of getting around
We’ve been busy!
Since the project re-opened in March 2017 we have delivered various events at Lyde Green, Charlton Hayes and Thornbury Fields, including nature walks, Dr Bike free cycle maintenance sessions, circus skills for children, and much more.
We have created bespoke Travel Information Guides for:
Previously over 3 years (at Charlton Hayes, Cheswick Village, Hanham Hall, Westerleigh Road and Lyde Green) the Travelwest team have:
- Knocked on over 1,500 doors
- Handed out over 800 Travel Packs
- Provided over 1,000 free additional resources (e.g. timetables, free bus tickets, other travel services)