Moving into a new home and community is a great time to think about how you can use your car less and try out some new ways of getting around. Why?
- Fewer cars on the road help make streets nicer places
- There’s less pollution, noise and congestion
- People feel safer, your children are safer
- With more people out and about, you’ll get to know your neighbours
- Your street can be transformed into a vibrant place for the community to use, rather than just for passing traffic
- Walking and cycling are healthy and cheap alternatives – they’re worth a try!
Get your FREE Discover Thornbury guide
Discover Thornbury is your starting point for getting to know the neighbourhood in and around the Orchards, its outdoor spaces, transport links, walking routes and community.
The free printed and online map highlights some of the great places and spaces on the doorstep for the Orchards residents, nice local walks and features for getting around. We took recommendations from local people to help new residents get to know their neighbourhood and encourage people to get out on foot and by bike.
Car sharing is a great way to save money, and can reduce congestion and emissions on our roads.Do you want to reduce your travel costs and meet new people in your area? Car sharing could be for you.
If you are a resident of The Orchards, you can also email us – just send us your name and details of where you are regularly travelling to, and we will help you get started.
South Gloucestershire Council