We are supporting organisations across the region to promote active and sustainable travel amongst employees and visitors. Our support and free incentives can help increase the use of sustainable modes of transport and generate a range of benefits.
All our support is tailored to your needs, is flexible and free. Find specific offers below or contact your local Business Engagement Officer for more details or to arrange a meeting.
Find out more about:
- Sustainable Travel Grants for businesses
- Free additional cycle stands, ideal for small businesses or organisations needing some visitor cycle parking
- Free Bike Checks (Dr Bike) for businesses
- 6 month e-bike loans for businesses
- Individual Bike loans for those needing to travel to work
- 1:2:1 Cycle confidence training
- Travel advice for key workers during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Sign up to the newsletter
- Other free offers and incentives
1. Sustainable Travel Grants
North Somerset-based businesses can apply for up to £3,000 for new facilities and initiatives. The organisation is expected to match the funding by 50%. This match can be partly or wholly in kind (e.g. installation or promotional events). Closing date for applications is 31st August 2020.
Examples of initiatives:
- bike trailers (perfect for delivery businesses)
- new or improved cycle parking or storage facilities
- provision of pool bikes for staff (electric or standard)
- showers, lockers and other facilities that encourage sustainable travel
- parking management facilities
- signage of cycling or walking routes
- improvement of pedestrian access to and within the site
- provision of car sharing bays in staff car parks
- promotional events which support any physical measures
Our application window is currently open. Applications will be reviewed weekly and allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please download our application form and return it to email@example.com. Any queries please do get in touch!
North Somerset Council have a limited number of free cycle stands to give away! Organisations can apply for up to five Sheffield type stands in a high grade stainless steel finish. Closing date 31st August 2020.
Stands are available for:
- Leisure facilities
- Churches or places of worship
- Other amenities used by the public
Each stand is suitable for two bikes and is compatible with D-locks as well as cable locks. Stands are provided with base plated fixings or as standard root fixing. Applicants are responsible for collection, installation and the associated costs. Grants are offered subject to T&C’s. Applications must meet the general requirements and will be assessed on merit.
How to apply:
Download an application form and email it along with a photograph of the proposed location to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have limited stock so we urge you to please get your applications in as soon as possible. Please note that for base plate cycle stands we will need to put a bulk order in with our supplier, so please bear with us as we will be making the order after the 31st August closing date.
Go Ultra Low West employer grants provide financial support to organisations for the provision of electric charging facilities at employment sites. These typically include installation of charging units and provision of charging equipment for fully electric or plug-in hybrid vehicles. Please note these grants are not currently available and will re-open later in the year, subject to funding. If you are interested in being notified please contact us and we will add you to our mailing list.
Go Ultra Low West grants at a glance:
- Organisations are expected to match-fund the proposed scheme and grants should fund no more than 50% of the total cost of the works
- A maximum of £5,000 can be awarded
- 3 quotes are required for amounts claimed in excess of £2,500
- Grants are offered subject to standard T&Cs
- Applications must meet the General Requirements and will be assessed on merit
How to apply:
Contact email@example.com to discuss your project and to request an application form and T&Cs.
- Join My Journey – a multi modal journey sharing platform tailored to your business
- Online 1-2-1 Personalised Travel Planning with our experienced Travel Advisers to help you plan your journey
- Incentivised Sustainable Travel Challenges for the chance to have some fun whilst changing ravel behaviour!
- Advice and support with your business travel plan
- Annual Travel to Work Survey to help analyse travel patterns
- Dr Bike mechanics visit your workplace to carry out minor repairs on staff bikes
- Travel Roadshows – our team visits your workplace to promote green travel (currently not available)
- Cycle training for staff (currently not available)