We are supporting organisations across the region to promote active and sustainable travel amongst employees and visitors. Our support and free incentives can help increase the use of sustainable modes of transport and generate a range of benefits.
All our support is tailored to your needs, is flexible and free. Find specific offers below or contact your local Business Engagement Officer for more details or to arrange a meeting.
Find out more about:
Are you a business looking to provide more cycle facilities for your employees? Or maybe a community venue who would like to offer visitors somewhere to park their bikes. Apply now to get a maximum of 5 standard Sheffield stands for FREE. Applicants are responsible for collection, installation and associated costs.
How to apply:
Download the application form and Terms and Conditions below. Submit your completed Claim a Stand request by Wednesday, 21 February 2018.
We offer North Somerset-based businesses, schools and community buildings funding of max. £3,000 for new facilities and initiatives. The organisation is expected to match fund any proposed scheme. This can be 50% of the total value or can be partly or wholly in kind (e.g. installation or promotional events).
Examples of initiatives:
- Cycle parking, secure cycle storage
- Showers, drying, changing facilities and lockers for walker, runners and cyclists
- Display boards for travel information, timetable holders
- Car park modifications, e.g. car share bays, pool car bays, signage, permits
- Purchase of pool bikes (for lunchtime rides or meetings)
- Motorcycle parking and signing
- Improving access to the site (paths, light, signage) for cyclists and pedestrians
The window for grant applications is now closed. If you missed the latest deadline and would like to apply for a grant in the financial year 2018/19, please get in touch to discuss your ideas. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01934 426404.
- Advice and support with your business travel plan
- Annual Travel to Work Survey to help analyse travel patterns
- Journey sharing platform tailored to your business
- The Travel Roadshow team visits your workplace to promote green travel
- Dr Bike mechanics and Smoothie Bike events
- Cycling schemes for staff, e.g. FREE loan bikes and adult cycle training
- Personal Travel Planning for individual members of staff