We are supporting organisations across the region to promote active and sustainable travel amongst employees and visitors. Our support and free incentives can help increase the use of sustainable modes of transport and generate a range of benefits.
All our support is tailored to your needs, is flexible and free. Find specific offers below or contact your local Business Engagement Officer for more details or to arrange a meeting.
Find out more about:
1. Sustainable travel
North Somerset-based businesses, schools and community organisations can apply for up to £3,000 for new facilities and initiatives. The organisation is expected to match the funding by 50%. This match can be partly or wholly in kind (e.g. installation or promotional events).
Examples of initiatives:
- new or improved cycle parking or storage facilities
- parking management facilities
- signage of cycling or walking routes
- provision of (electric) pool bikes
- improvement of pedestrian access to and within the site
- provision of car sharing bays in staff car parks
- promotional events which support any physical measures
Our last application window is open un till the 16th September 2019. Subject to availability. Please download the relevant application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Somerset Council currently have a limited number of free cycle stands to give away! Organisations can apply for up to five Sheffield type stands in a high grade stainless steel finish.
Stands are available for:
- Leisure facilities
- Churches or places of worship
- Other amenities used by the public
Each stand is suitable for two bikes and is compatible with D-locks as well as cable locks. Stands are provided with base plated fixings or as standard root fixing. Applicants are responsible for collection, installation and the associated costs. Grants are offered subject to T&C’s. Applications must meet the general requirements and will be assessed on merit.
How to apply:
Download an application form and email it along with a photograph of the proposed location to us at email@example.com. We will not be accepting applications after 31st October. We have limited stock so we urge you to please get your applications in as soon as possible.
Go Ultra Low West employer grants provide financial support to organisations for the provision of electric charging facilities at employment sites. These typically include installation of charging units and provision of charging equipment for fully electric or plug-in hybrid vehicles.
Go Ultra Low West grants at a glance:
- Organisations are expected to match-fund the proposed scheme and grants should fund no more than 50% of the total cost of the works
- A maximum of £25,000 can be awarded
- 3 quotes are required for amounts claimed in excess of £2,500
- Grants are offered subject to standard T&Cs
- Applications must meet the General Requirements and will be assessed on merit
How to apply:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your project and to request an application form and T&Cs.
Replace some of those business miles with e-bike miles! Businesses can apply for up to £3,000 towards fleet electric bikes. The organisation is expected to match the funding by 50%. We have a limited availability so please get in touch as soon as possible. Grants are offered subject to standard T&C’s. Applications must meet the general requirements and will be assessed on merit.
How to apply:
Contact email@example.com to discuss your eligibility and to request an application form and T&Cs.
How to apply:
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with information on:
- Type of journeys the bike will be used for
- The number of employees at your business who will have access and the chance to benefit from the bike
- How you plan on promoting the use of the bike
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Advice and support with your business travel plan
- Annual Travel to Work Survey to help analyse travel patterns
- Journey sharing platform tailored to your business
- The Travel Roadshow team visits your workplace to promote green travel
- Dr Bike mechanics and Smoothie Bike events
- Cycling schemes for staff, e.g. FREE loan bikes and adult cycle training
- Personal Travel Planning for individual members of staff