- Fewer cars on the road help make streets nicer places
- There’s less pollution, noise and congestion
- People feel safer, your children are safer
- With more people out and about, you’ll get to know your neighbours
- Your street can be transformed into a vibrant place for the community to use, rather than just for passing traffic
Walking and cycling are healthy and cheap alternatives – they’re worth a try!
The free printed and online map highlights some of the great places and spaces on the doorstep for Thornbury residents, nice local walks and features for getting around. We took recommendations from local people to help new residents get to know their neighbourhood and encourage people to get out on foot and by bike.
For further information please see full details below.